Saturday 20 July 2013

A published lo to share. :-)

Hi it's me again!
Today I found this among some older photos I was looking on my computer today.
I had almost forgotten about it :-)

This layout was published in the previous issue of Swedish scrapbook magazine Inzpira.
I was delighted to be included in the mag as I am not one to send in applications very often.
I think this was only my second time.
( I tried once with a lo for Scrapbook Trends, even if I knew my style was not theirs,... :-) )
I made this one for  musical theme and also after a sketch in that issue.

Here are a few close ups:

I cut the leaves from gold cardstock and also added some gold paint here and there on my page.
I white-washed the little frame for my title with gesso and smeared on a little gold to give it a more vintage look.


I used a mask with gesso to build up the background and I also added a small dash of pink mist
as well as gold arrows. The red chevrons and the teal strips are washi tapes.


Finally, a closer inspection of my 'edge-ruffles' if I may call them that.
I cut several strips and work on each one of them to achieve this distressed look.


Thanks for dropping by and thanks for your kind messages!
Hugs!



17 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous!! LOVING the colors, the layers and the flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bente. This lo is fantástic! i loved the layers!!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love those ruffle borders!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ruffled layers work a treat, they look fabulous, well worth all that work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's gorgeous, Bente!! Love the colors!!! And the photo is just beautiful)))))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huge congrats on the publication! You definitely deserve it, as it's a gorgeous lay-out! I love all the layers and the pops of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see why this was published, it is gorgeous.. I love all the edge ruffles.. and lovely flowers too.. great photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is super stunning, Bente...no wonder it was snapped up to be published.
    Just love the layers on the outside edges...beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The ruffled layers look awesome! Must try it :) Love the pop of red against the white.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loooove the edge ruffles! And I truly admire you way you use washi tape in a non-cas LO! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful and cool page congrats with your publish!
    byeeee,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this page, all the details... lovely

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is gorgeous! Love the design and colours and how they all draw the eye to the photo. Congrats on the pub!:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is drop dead gorgeous. Congratulations on the publication.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautiful, Bente! I keep looking and see more details! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's sooo beautiful Bente! Love the soft colors with the touch of red! This reminds me that I haven't shown my music layout either ... :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...