Friday 25 May 2012

"You Bring Me Joy", Another layout using "One Moment in Time" from "The ScrapCake

Just a quick one today as I have so much to do here at home....

A little while ago I won "The ScrapCake" "One Moment in Time" from Leslie at C'est Magnifique Kits.

A couple of posts down you can see the first layout I made, and now I have made one more. 
I haven't allowed myself much scrappy time the last week so I have been stealing some moments here and there; and this is what I came up with:




The "One Moment in Time" collection is very toned down as far as pattern and colour go and maybe an unusual choice for me, but the fairly neutral colours allow you to add some favourite colours and they are quite fun to work with. The colours are pink, teal and browns all mixed up. Pretty!

I added some beautiful Prima blooms and other flowers from my stash. There are quite a few fussy cut flourishes here cut from the patterned paper.

Here are some close ups too, as usual ;



These letter stickers are some older vinyl Thickers from American Crafts. The glue is sort of melting on them so I have used ordinary quick glue to stick them down.


I have distressed most of my elements and inked areound them with one of Ingvild Bolme's fantastic ink pads. She designed some ergometric tools etc for Prima Marketing and the ink pads are part of that collection. They are just so easy to use. They have a grip that makes them so easy to hold. I have used the colour called "worn jeans"



In the next photo you will see I used a "Crafter's Workshop" template 'chickenwire'.
I love these masks both for misting and painting. This time however I did not feel like whipping out all  the mists and paints so I just inked over the stencil with an ordinary small ink pad.
I like how it came out, -and no cleaning!



Even here I used the ink pad to ink over a quarter of a doily that I temporarily placed in the corner.
A neat effect!


I am off to do some more spring cleaning of the second floor.
We are getting some new beds and I have so much to clear out..(Too much scrapping , -not enough housekeeping...lol)


Before I go I'll just show you a pic of Ingvild's ink pad:





As always if you leave a message and let me know you were here  I will come and visit you soon!

 Thanks for taking the time to visit me today.




30 comments:

  1. Wondrful lo! Love the flowers)) And the paper is just great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! This is so pretty...love everything about it and that pic is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another amazing layout!!!! Love those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the stitched border and the subtle background. The b&w photograph is beautiful, as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I love how you do your stitching and paper distressing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the distressing and the flowers and that photo is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely! I like the little bits of the brighter pink to make this really stand out! As always, all the flowers and distressing look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so pretty!..the colours are gorgeous too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those inks too...my collection grows! Your style is so beautiful...you make it your own and I love that. The layers are just right and your photos are always stunning...I really love the colors...makes the pinks, yellows,and blues really pop! But still soft! I have to use glue on my old thickers too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Bente this just brings my eyes joy, what a precious LO, love, love, love what you have done here!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so gorgeous! I love all of your distressing, especially the border. Baeautiful, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You and flowers are a perfect pair! And I love those little Prima Chalk Inks too, I have a little collection of them going, you can't beat the price.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous!! Love all the embellishments and the layering♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Typical gorgeous Bente's style layout ! I LOVE that !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome ink job and a lovely mix of flowers...but the photo is absolutely stunning. Really, Bente, if there is arranged marriage in your "area", just say the word and there will be a washer/dryer set on your doorstep in a jiffy! I want your girl for my Johan, lol ;)
    Big hugs,
    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful layout love the flower clusters :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. love your layout, the color!! very sweetness layout!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the shabby look on ur layout. You are so good with flowers and ink!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW! Just love your style and the layout is amazing. That large flower is FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another sweet lo...just love your style.
    The elements you use elements are so conected.

    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful! I love the bright title!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fantastic design and such a cute photo!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful! Love the gorgeous soft colours & stunning clusters! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. So beautiful Bente - just love it all. I agree about the muted papers. I have seen that they are actually great as you can really make the embellishments pop!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. such a pretty layout! those flowers are gorgeous! and love the background

    ReplyDelete
  26. Absolutely stunning layout... I am in love with your flower cluster. So so pretty... who cares about the floors.... you don't get as much satisfaction so keep scraping I say LOL xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. So very very beautiful!!!! Love all your details and the inking you've done!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the softly chalked chicken wire, you know how I adore these colours - makes my heart sing of joy looking at your beautiful page Bente! love how the papers take a back seat but still work as a fab backdrop for all the pretties. Hur gick det med vårstädningen ;)) min rensning avstannade när orken tröt, nu ser det ännu värre ut än innan. Lär få vänta tills sommarsemestrarna innan jag slutför det hela. Kram

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...