Friday 9 September 2011

Time for Combo 208, 'A beautiful moment'

I have missed taking part in the Color Combos Galore challenge the last couple of weeks.
I love using the beautiful palettes to create pages that I might not have made otherwise.I love to challenge myself to combine the colours in a way that will be pleasing to me, and sometimes that can be quite difficult. This time,however, I did not have any difficulties in that area....
It was love at first sight!

This is the page I made.



































The photo was taken last year at the Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen. We went there for the Halloween exhibition and had a blast. We shall probably go again this year and I am already looking forward to it!

This is the inspiration board of the week. Don't you just love the soft beautiful colours....





The designer challenge this week called for pearls to be used on the layout and the design team did a great job showcasing different ways to use those classy embellishments on your page.


I will share some close ups of my page
In this shot you can see the pearls I used on my layout. I stuck them down using dollops of glue that would dry clear and therefore not ruin my design... I used a long pearl strand and also a pretty earl swirl from Prima marketing. I love those little porcelin roses they have...I tried to mimic the shape of the pearls by using a mask to make dots on my page with gesso.


I tried to achieve an effect where the flowers would slightly cascade over the edge of my turned over paper
edge.



Another close up of the pearls and the lovely new alphabet from Prima that was in the kit at Ingvild's workshop on Saturday.

 I added some of the Parisian Anthology tickets from "House of three".
If you look closely you can see the tulle that I used to enhance the cascading effect that I was looking for.
The butterfly was made using a Martha Stewart punch. The beautiful tiny button was found at a jumble sale. So so pretty! I added three mother of pearl buttons that I was given by a friend (Thanks Sonja O).
I got the idea to frame the photo using a cut out Prima journalling spot from Ingvild Bolme's workshop as well.





That's all for now my dear friends.I am thankful to my Alexandra who lets me use her laptop for my photos and posting now while my PC is being (hopefully....) repaired.
Thanks in advance for any comments you may leave. They are so much appreciated!
I hope you have a lovely week end! Hugs!

14 comments:

  1. This jumped out at me. Love it.
    Your design is just gorgeous, your use of flower and the distressing is just beautiful.
    Big wowzer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, this is just so GORGEOUS with a capital G! One of the best I have seen this week! You totally rock, the details... swoon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this so much. I am totally going to do this one. I think your layout is unreal! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty. I love the flowers peeking out and the pearls are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowwwwwwwwwwwww! This is STUNNING! I loveeeeeeee that photo, the flowers and the pearls! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wauw its a beautiful page you have made again love to see your detialpictures..thanks!!
    byebye,lean

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this combo, so feminine, and your page is gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jaha minsann, ser litet välkända godsaker här och där ;)) Plockade ur mina påsar först idag till katternas stora glädje. *fniss* Aren't you just so cute the two of you! Gorgeous design Bente! love all the pearls and flowers, not forgetting the distressed and rolled up edge. Yummie! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear about your computer! I do hope everything is restored to it's former Glory soon!! What a wonderful layout you have here - how funny that we both had the same idea with the rolled edge & the blooms spilling over - great minds think alike!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This is absolutely stunning! Such gorgeous detail. Beautiful, beautiful design and mix!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this is amazing LO yuor design is totally balanced!
    It is pure pleasure to get inspiration from your work! Just really Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This paged turned out so pretty Bente. I have missed seeing you over at CCG. I think last weeks colours where much harder so you missed out on that one...lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Breathtaking!!! Just a beautiful arrangement of flowers with the pearls...you are such an inspiration! :))xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely gorgeous page, so much to inspire - love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...