Monday 15 August 2011

"New Friends", for the August 15th challenge at Once Upon A...Sketch.


I have made another Pink Paislee layout to try and use up some of all the papers I've been hanging on to from the previous collections, now before the new collection start hitting the shelves.
I have said before that I love their designs and I have already seen a lot that needs to come home with me as soon at it arrives at the shops.
This layout is made using the latest sketch by my friend Nadia at Once Upon A...Sketch.
I also entered it for the Pink Paislee Hot Hues July challenge, which is open for a couple of days more.





































AUGUST 15th CHALLENGE

Journalling Criteria: Write 2 sentences from the lyrics of your favourite song. Journalling can be in any language and can be any type i.e. handwritten, alphas, printed, rub on. 

You MUST combine our journalling criteria with the following sketch. 





































We have some wonderful guest designers featured this month from our dear sponsors; 
The special invited guest artist for the month of August is the gorgeous Anabelle O'Malley.

I am so impressed with all the pages made by our talented guests and really advise you to click your way over there to have a look!!

I will now share some close ups:

























In the photo you see my youngest daughter Beatrice and a little friend she made in Provence.
I die cut a sheet of yellow pp and matted my photo on a light blue piece.
All the edges on my layout were machine stitched and I added A LOT of mulberry and Prima flowers.


Our sponsor for the whole year is the awesome Imaginarium Designs. I used a branch and a small swirl of their chipboard on this layout. I painted them with gesso and then white paint mixed with yellow to match the colours in my layout.I even dotted them with some liquid pearl as well as using some to make some small 'pearl swirls' for my flower cluster. The red fabric letter stickers are from Prima.























Some may remember that I earlier this year cut up my daughter's t-shirt to make some banners for my Color Combos Galore layout. The banner here is made with the remains of thet t-shirt...lol! I don't think she has noticed yet.... Well, I had already ruined it so I figured I might as well use it ti hi hi hi...
I stitched my banner down with some messy stitches and added a small button with twine to each flag.
At the end of the banner I added a small diecut from Pink Paislee "Butterfly Garden" ephemera.


























My quote is from an older German entry to Eurovision Song Contest . It is not really a favourite song of mine but one of my girls came up with it when I asked them for some lines about friends. It is quite sweet.
























That's all for today friends.
Today on the "Les Papiers de Pandore" blog Julie posted one of my layouts.
I will get back to that one when I can.
We are celebrating my husbands birthday (50) on Saturday and we have a lot of preparations to do!

Thanks for dropping by!





14 comments:

  1. this is wonderful layout with gorgeous colours and a great theme !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet!!! I love the stiching!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous layout. Fantastic work with PP and Imaginarium Designs. Awesome work Bente. Thank you so much for your outstanding contributions always. you are just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous design, Bente!! I love all the flowers, beautiful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bente you have used the sketch beautifully and I just love your banner (I am not a banner fan so when I see something like this, it really stands out). Gorgeous page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is soooooooooooo GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeee the photo, the flowers....and loving the twine on the banner! :):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is absolutely gorgeous! Love the sewing, that beautiful mix and the banner...just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow!! stunning layout!! LOVE it! awesome colors and blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing layout, love the flower cluster, hope you have a good week sounds very busy, take care Doreen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Something tres Provencal here in the mix of colours and patterns! Love the flower cluster.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful Bente. Loving that gorgeous banner that you made...how clever to cut up an old t-shirt! Love the way you have randomly stitched it in place, and the buttons and string that you've used to embellish it..awesome. All those flowers are simply gorgeous, love the sprinkles of pearls and that Imaginarium chipboard looks fab. What a lovely photo of Beatrice and her friend...I think children's friendships are just so precious. :)
    Enjoy the rest of your week...chat soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love all the little blooms on this gorgeous page, and the banner too! The colors are such happy colors, it's just a happy page! Beautiful work and I'm so honored to be on a DT with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is one of my favourites of yours! A real Prima layout!! Just love everything about this one. You have rocked that sketch like a total pro too!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha ha I sure remember your nightly raid of Bea's T-shirt, still looks darn good as a banner!! LOL Have to agree with Helen, this one is among my faves of yours! love the luscious yummie cluster of glorious blooms and the photo of Bea and her friend is really so fab. Gosh, you worked that sketch to perfection! LOVE our page sweetie! Regnet det bara öser ner här hemma. xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...