Friday 15 July 2011

Congrats CCG on 200 Combos!!


This week we are in a celebratory mood on CCG!
Wow, 200 combos that is quite something. A BIG CONGRATS to all of us who make this site what it is!!
And Color Combos Galore is still going strong, ready for another milestone and another!




I chose some photos of Beatrice playing with water on the trampoline. I turned them into black/white as they would clash with the colours otherwise.
I think everything on this is from "October Afternoon" except the Doodlebug letter stickers. They are really timeless and still among my favourite letters, actually!






































This weeks combo is a fresh breeze in blue,white and creamsicle (which to me is a yellowy orange)





Beautiful colours, don't you agree?
























I did a lot of sewing of different layers this week. i just love the bulky effect it creates. and so easy...-just sew and bend, sew and bend...

























The designer challenge this weeks called for drips of varying kinds.
As I explained on CCG my creative process is to take each step as it comes and I workit  by intuition.
I very rarely have a masterplan for how I will go.
Today I started by doing the layering then decided where the photos would go. I then went adding my white paint in strokes and drips.
Unfortunately, being spontaneous has its side effects...not always good!
In this case it was not good.
After having done the paint job I decided I wanted a circular element in the lower corner. This was mostly unfortunate because it covered up almost all the panting I had done.
Things like this happen to me all the time, and I believe I am not alone. It can be so frustrating though!
Anyway, I think you can still see some of it in my close ups at least.
I also added some gel drops to act as watersprays from Beatrice's water bottle










































I cut out a sun roughly on free hand and sew it to my layout. I rather enjoy the rough look of it.

























A little closer look.
























Finally another look at my different layers.
























That was the reveal for this week.
Keep an eye on the Color Combos site this week. there may be (will be....) surprises and happenings.
You would not want to miss that!

Also head over there to see the wonderful designs of the designteam!

Thanks for taking an interest in my little blog.
Your visits are much appreciated!

25 comments:

  1. Hi Bente stunning layout, love the big sunshine and the stitching on it, the pics are lovely and I adore the design and the layering of the paper, hope you have a glorious weekend and have lots of scrapping time x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous layering everywhere, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome page Bente.. adore all the layering and stitching and your sun embellishments looks amazing!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog! So glad you did cause I followed you here...and omg, your work is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow wow wow! This is AMAZING!! LOVING the distressing and loveeeeeeee the 'splashes' of water! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome job on the layer Bente and I love the sun and how you stitched it. SO perfect for these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! You nailed it again. You must be the queen of layering...and I love the stitching.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Love this Bente! Your pics just 'pops' as well as your title...perfect! Love how you used the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW... love this LO..... all that layering is fabuloius :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a happy page Bente! love Bea on her trampoline with the water squirting around her, what are those droplet-shaped blue gems?! they look really so pretty. The sun with its rays is a beautiful element and of course the layers are just so gorgeously bumpy lumpy. You mentioned you were packing, time for the trip to Provence? Ha det underbart vännen! Kram

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazing layout, all the layers are so perfect and the paper piercing brilliant.
    I am inviting you to add this amazing art onto our linking party for our readers to discover your art at
    http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/07/flower-tutorial-with-linking-party-on.html
    Have a fabulous weekend,
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a really wonderful layout and the technique is unique. I hope to do it in a layout too. Also a wonderful take on the color and design challenge. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cheery and summery....love the sewing and layers :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I love all that scrunched up layering - it gives so much wonderful texture!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wonderful page! I'll copy it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wowsers, this is absolutely sensational. thanks for the how-to, muchly appreciated.

    Deb xox

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful Dear! These colors are my favorites!
    xx
    Leila
    leilacassimira@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hermosa página!!! me encanta este estilo de trabajo. Felicidades

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love what you did with this week's combo!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW! So many beautiful details in your layout. Almost makes me want to pull out my sewing machine too. Thanks for sharing your work!

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW!! Your page is wonderful!!
    Big hugs.
    Manu

    ReplyDelete
  22. It is a pleasant event! I watch a wonderful layout, and it is stimulated very much!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just got my first sewing machine. This tutorial will be really helpful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...