Tuesday 26 April 2011

Flower girl / New "Fancy Pants" "It's The Little Things"

This kit seems to last forever. I have made numerous layouts it seems with this new collection from "Fancy Pants" "It's The Little Things".  Erica  at Your Scrapbook Stash sent it to me to work with this month.
In addition to the FP papers I used embossed cardstock from Coredinations.Very pretty.


Normally Erica at YSS sends us a box well filled with both papers and beautiful embellishments, so I think some of us were a bit surprised to find nearly all patterned paper and just some letter stickers to use for embellishment. The added challenge this month was for us to create our own embellishments from paper.
Although I do love my premade embellies, I tend to make quite a few of my design elements myself so I don't really mind so much!


The butterfly is made with a page from a Maya Road mini chipboard album. I traced around the butterfly to get the right shape of  paper to cover the chipboard. I inked and traced around the butterfly's edge to add dimension. On top I added some hand cut and inked leaves and a rosette-flower with a button.


Up in the left hand corner I use a white Prima flower and one that I made with my giant retro flower punch. I made another small flower to act as flower center. And again leaves cut from the Coredinations cardstock.























I used Martha Stewart punches and inked all the edges in black. I used a lot of distressing and paper bending, too.



Here you can see a close up of the chipboard butterfly. Pretty sweet I think and so easy!

Right now you can find several Maya Road albums on sale with discounts up to 50% ! This Monday LOTS of new stuff were marked down and there are a lot of bargains to be had!!

The new collection  from "October Afternoon", called "Rocket Age" just arrived!

The code APRIL20 will earn you a 20% off your entire order! (Go now!...I know you want to...lol..)
Make sure you don't miss out!
        
























I actually loved the look of that little butterfly and will definitely do something similar again soon.
(Afterall I still have many more pages from that same chipboard album....)
One of those butterflies would make a great card topper too....
(Note to self...Hold hat thought...) !




This weeks combination at Color Combos Galore is a dream in shimmery softness. Unfortunately I did not have a chance to complete it due to family obligations at the last moment. But I definitely think you should pay CCG a visit to see the gorgeous creations shared by the talented design team and fabulous members!!


Beautiful isn't it? Cant't wait to see what you will create with it!!


Thanks for taking the time to drop by. You know I really appreciate it!!

18 comments:

  1. WOW bente! This is just something! TOTALLY gorgeous...LOVE LOVE LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow wow wow love this layout...just gorgeous!!
    the embossed cardstock definitely makes a difference!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Bente!! your Layout is just gorgeous.... love the Accordian Flower & the Fancy Pants papers! I just my hands on some of these FP Papers... Thanks for Inspiring ME!!!!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutey STUNNING..wow... gorgeous..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layout Bente, love the big butterfly flower so clever, hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice LO. Thanks so much for leaving a message on my little blog !
    Hugs
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow wow wow !!!!! this is just awesome Bente.. love the way you use layers making it so intriguing and interesting ....hugz xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. BEAUTIFUL!!! love the layering, all the distressing!! and your paper embellishments!! I hope you had a wonderful Easter Day with your family! a Big Hug!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Bente this is such a striking page! I really love the handmade embellies you made - they really match so well. Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just a beatiful page!!!
    So many nice details...I love the hand made emblishmente...they look so nice at all!!
    Hugs from Brazil
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello beautiful lady! THANK YOU for the lovely surprise that waited for me in our mailbox yesterday evening - aren't you the sweetest gal ever!! :)) mwah mwah mwah to you and both the pretties in the photo too! And on the subject of photo; have to ask you - DON'T tell me Bea's actually cut off her gorgeous long hair?!?? hope it's just a spring trimming of her bangs! OA and FP are matches made in heaven with a big sign saying "hey Bente, use me!", you just make the prettiest layouts imaginable with them!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Bente all that green looks so lush, love the big handmade bloom and gorgeous photo as always.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Bente!Your work is stunning! I looked through your blog and I am really impressed!!!You are so talented! Thank you so much for your lovely comments on my LO "new beginning" and you were right, it is about her 1st steps and I have translated my journaling (right above the LO)!About your LO, I love the intense color contrast!It is so eye catching! The handmade embelies are awesome! Especially the butterfly!SO clever! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a simply stunning LO - the layers all look fantastic!! Love the border punching and the embossed cardstock looks fab :-) thanks so much for visiting my little blog :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous LO Bente.. love the layered pp's and your beautiful hand made flowers!! Thanks so much for the lovely comment on my blog and yes that sweet little girl in the LO is the same gorgeous teenager you see on all my LO's.. time flies!! I don't have very many nice photos of my children when they were little. I actually pulled these off an old LO, scanned them and tweaked them in photoshop. Have a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for came to my blog and leave a nice comment...you make my day a happy day!!!
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Hugs from Brazil
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Bente! Thank very much for your comment to my blog! I like so much your layout, especially the distressing! and that butterfly is perfect! As for the flower you asked, i followed these instractions http://scrapgreece.blogspot.com/
    Thank you again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH MY GOODNESS!!! Just simply STUNNING!! Love all your layering and distressing...so inspirational!! Have a lovely weekend :))xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...